School choirs, bands, and orchestras will be performing throughout the holiday season.
Big & Little Buddies
Throughout Blackwell, buddy classes have paired up to give older students a chance to work with younger students, and younger students get to know our older students. Kids and teachers enjoy this program!
Quotes from teachers:
“It’s been exciting for me as a teacher to see some of the kids that I had as 2 nd grade little buddies now be the responsible big buddies.” Carol Nicholson
“The kids love little buddies.” Cathy EllisSome of the Big & Little Buddy Activities that occur at Blackwell:
- Big buddies read to little buddies
- Get to know you activity—play a game together
- Make an art project together
- Thanksgiving Feast: We dress up as the pilgrims & big buddies are the Native Americans.
- Work on our Books & Balls for Bolivia Fundraiser together & enjoy a presentation together
- Valentine’s Day Friendship Party
- Big buddies help us with a science experiment
- Celebrate our earth together by doing “Earth Care Rotations”: Picking up garbage, weeding, planting new flowers
- We do something outside together - fly kite, play with balloons, treasure hunt
- Make cards for each other
- Write back and forth between classes like pen pals
- Picnics together
- Sing songs
- Help with projects