Policies & Curriculum
Information about curriculum, rules, class expectations and other topics that may be helpful for parents.
- Checkout Policy Our checkout policy varies depending on which grade level the student is in.
- Grading Rubric All specialists in LWSD assess students for effort using the same rubric.
- Library Curriculum Scope and sequence for critical content taught in library class.
- Rules and Expectations These rules and class expectations are reviewed at the beginning of the year, and periodically as needed.
- Tips for Parents Children’s Reading Rights.
- Accelerated Reader Information about the AR program.
- AR Bookfinder Accelerated Reader is a software program used to encourage reading.
- Guidelines for Works Consulted Lists In LWSD, elementary students should follow this introduction to the Modern Language Association (MLA) format for crediting sources in their papers.
- K-6 Research & Homework Help Research and homework help for grades K to 6.
- King County Library KCLS is a tremendous resource for books, databases, homework help, book reviews, and much more.
- Online Resources Web sites that students may use at school or at home.
Databases appropriate for K-6. See your library teacher for passwords to
access these from home.