Programs & Events
Information about ongoing programs and events, including Book Fair, Read Across America, and more.
- About Our Library The Blackwell Library is a great place for students to read, learn, explore, and have fun! Here are some "statistics" about our library.
- Author Visits We are fortunate to have real authors occasionally visit our school to inspire our students with their reading, writing, illustrating, and life skills.
- Battle of the Books This is a fun reading program for 4th- 5th grade students.
- Birthday Book Club The Elizabeth Blackwell Birthday Book Club provides a lasting way to celebrate your child’s birthday, or any special occasion, by donating a new book to our school library.
- Book Fair Each year our library staff and PTA sponsor a Book Fair to promote the love of reading. The students really enjoy this annual event and all proceeds support our library.
- Read Across America Each year we celebrate Dr. Seuss' birthday, which is March 2nd.
- Volunteer Opportunities Explore ways you can volunteer in your school library.
|Oct. 9th-16th||Scholastic Book FairBook Fair|
|January||Battle of the Books begins|
|February||District Battle of the Books begins|
|3/2/14||Read Across America|
- Accelerated Reader Information about the AR program.
- AR Bookfinder Accelerated Reader is a software program used to encourage reading.
- Guidelines for Works Consulted Lists In LWSD, elementary students should follow this introduction to the MLA format for crediting sources in their papers.
- K-6 Research & Homework Help Research and homework help for grades K to 6.
- King County Library KCLS is a tremendous resource for books, databases, homework help, and more.
- Online Resources Web sites that students may use at school or at home.
Databases appropriate for K-6. See your library teacher for passwords to
access these from home.